Bible Verses about Daughters
There are many verses in the Bible that you may use to: pray over your daughters, celebrate their birthday, or provide Godly instructions as a parent. You may also find Bible verses that are very helpful for: your teenage daughters or your daughters-in-law.
Keep reading to find out some Bible verses about daughters with our commentary and insight. Let's dig in!
Bible verses to pray over your daughters
As a parent it is very important to pray over your children. Here are some Bible verses to pray over your daughters.
1. The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:8 NIV
It is very important to pray that the Lord will guide and protect your children. Petition the throne of grace daily to ask for journeying mercies, God's favor, blessings, and protection for your daughters.
2. No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,' declares the LORD. Isaiah 54:17 NIV
As you place your daughter in the hands of the Almighty you can be confident in the promise of Isaiah 54:17 that, "no weapon forged against [her] will prevail,".
Whatever challenges she experiences the Lord will cushion her. You can rest assured in the knowledge that she will be delivered and protected.
3. Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:12 NIV
David didn't do anything wrong when he defeated Goliath and won victory for the Israelite army. However Saul became jealous and tried several times to harm him. David's experience is proof that there are persons who may try to harm your daughter for no apparent reason. This is why it is important to pray this Bible verse over your daughter.
In addition, there are forces at play in the spiritual realm seeking to destroy her soul. Ephesians 6:12 states, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms".
When you petition the throne of grace ask God to favor your daughter and provide a constant shield of protection around her.
4. For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess. Deuteronomy 30:16 NIV
Regardless of your daughter's age she might find herself in a position where she questions: her faith, the laws of God, or His timing to respond when she calls upon Him.
That is why this scripture is very important for you to pray over her. It's not only a petition for God to bless her but also a prayer that she will: love God, walk in obedience to Him, and keep His commands even when she finds it difficult to be patient and wait on His timing.
5. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:3 NIV
As you pray prosperity over your child, also pray that she will be firmly rooted and grounded in the Lord.
Here is a brief prayer of Bible verses to pray over your daughter.
Lord watch over my daughter in her going out and in her coming in, bless her, surround her with your favor as you shield her.
Destroy the weapons and evil reports forged against her by the enemy. May her love for you and your laws never grow faint as she daily submits her life to you in obedience.
Prosper her heavenly Father. May her life and all that she touches be fruitful as she is firmly rooted and grounded in You.
In Jesus' name.
Bible verses for daughter's birthday
A birthday is a special occasion and an important time to give God thanks and ask for His blessings on your daughter. Here are some bible verses that you may use for your daughter's birthday.
1. The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26 NIV
There are many stories in the Bible where parents ask God to pronounce blessings on their children. Blessings are so important that Jacob wrestled an entire night with an angel.
As you thank God for sparing your daughter's life for another year, ask Him to pronounce His blessings on her. Ask the Lord to favor her, be gracious to her, and grant her peace.
2. For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. Proverbs 9:11 NIV
In the ten commandments God promised to bless children who obey their parents with long life. Claim this promise using the words of Proverbs nine verse eleven as you ask God that your daughter's days will be many and that years will be added to her life.
3. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; Psalm 91:11 NIV
As your daughter celebrates her birthday and embarks upon a new milestone, pray that God will protect her not just for the upcoming year but for many years to come.
Thank God that she has not died over the past year and ask Him to command His angels to place a special guard around her. Encourage her to find comfort in the words of Psalm 3:3, "But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high".
There is no better birthday gift than twenty-four hours protection provided by the Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient God.
4. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4 NIV
This Bible verse is one of many prayers by the Psalmist. Like David, ask God to be with your daughter, bless her with success, and give her the desires of her heart.
Be hopeful knowing that all the plans that God has for her life points to a prosperous future. Speak the words of Jeremiah 29:11 (For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you… plans to give you hope and a future) over her life.
5. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 NIV
This Bible verse is an awesome reminder that the best birthday gift for your daughter will always be the one that the Lord provides for her.
As a father or mother you will have the warmest birthday wishes but your best gift will never measure up to what God has in store for her.
Luke 11:13 says that, "...your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit…" as a comfort and guide.
Bible verses for raising Daughters
There are many Bible verses that provide instruction on how to raise your daughters in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Let's take a look at some of them.
1. But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15 NIV
In this Bible verse Joshua announces that he will serve the Lord. This is one of the best examples to set as a parent.
When you place God at the helm of your family and allow Him to direct you as a parent things will be much better. Things will not be perfect but you will have the assurance that God will be with you and your family when difficulties come.
This is an important lesson for your daughters to learn from you. As they grow they will learn how to choose God and trust His power even when things and times get hard.
2. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5,6 NIV
Parenting does not come with a manual that tells you what to do. In fact, what works well for one family may not work for you. This is where the word of God comes in. If you place your trust in the Lord, He will direct your path.
As you raise your daughters you can trust in God the way you would trust your brother or sister. Second Timothy 3:16 also gives reasons why it is important to follow God's leading and His teachings as you raise your daughters. It states, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".
3. Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6 NIV
This scripture passage is a reminder that you should start instilling principles of right and wrong very early in your daughter's life. This way when she gets older they will be a part of her.
Raising a daughter is very similar to building a house as a solid foundation is needed. Ephesians 6:4 teaches parents how to create a lasting foundation for their children. It states, "fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord".
4. Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the delights you desire. Proverbs 29:17 NIV
Discipline is very critical to raising a child. It provides a map for your daughter to follow as she chooses between good and bad while being mindful of the consequences.
Your daughter may not be perfect but you will have peace of mind knowing that she understands and values discipline.
5. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. Matthew 19:14 NIV
As a parent you may get to that point when your daughter tells you she wants to make a personal decision to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior.
In times like these your concern should not be if she is mature enough to make that decision. Jesus told His disciples, "do not hinder them…".
Accept your daughter's decision with great joy and allow the Holy Spirit to use her. Joel 2:28 says that, "...I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy…". Encourage her and give God the praises because as Luke 15:7 states, "... there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents…".
Bible verses for Teenage Daughter
There are many verses in the Bible that will help teenage daughters to show respect for: her parents, the Lord, and herself.
1. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 NIV
This is an excellent scripture that will help your teenage daughters to be respectful to you as a parent. Independence, self reliance, and challenging authority are attitudes that usually manifest themselves during the teenage years.
This Bible passage will remind daughters why they should continue to obey you. Ephesians 6:1 says, "for this is right" and Colossians 3:20 states that, "this pleases the Lord".
2. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1 Corinthians 6:19 NIV
This scripture may be used to help your teenage daughters to honor God with their bodies. Adolescents may become uncomfortable with their bodies thinking it doesn't fit the description portrayed in the media.
This scripture will serve as a reminder that the body is to be treated with the highest respect because it was, "fearfully and wonderfully made" as supported by Psalm 139:14.
3. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV
As a teenager your daughter may experience peer pressure. Her friends may encourage her to abuse her body and other substances.
Listening to derogatory music, getting drunk, and participating in certain activities may be the norm for her peers but she does not have to follow the crowd.
Help her to make wise decisions as you counsel her with the words of Proverbs 20:1 (Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise) and James 4:7 (Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you).
4. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 NIV
This scripture may be recited or used as a song for your teenage daughter to affirm herself. It will help her to build a positive self esteem, accept who she is, and have faith in God as her source of strength.
You may use this Bible verse along with Psalm 139:14 to develop a sense of self love for your teenage daughter
5. So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Hebrews 13:6 NIV
This Bible verse will help your girls to be confident in God and rely on Him. It is also a great text to use in times of great fear. Having faith in God will help to free the mind and bring relief in threatening circumstances.
Bible verses for daughter-in-law
Proverbs chapter 31 gives a great description for a Godly daughter-in-law. There are also other scripture passages that you may reference in regular conversation to affirm and strengthen your relationship with her. Here are some Bible verses that will come in handy for you and your daughters-in-law.
1. A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Proverbs 31:10 NIV
This Bible verse is an excellent choice if you are praying for your daughter-in-law or the future wife of your son.
In regular conversation you may use this scripture passage to affirm her. Tell her, "you are noble, you are worth far more than any precious jewel, and I'm happy that you are my daughter-in-law".
You may also use this text as a guide as you pray that your son will find a spouse. Ask the Lord to bless him with a woman that has the virtue and nobility of the wife described in Proverbs chapter thirty one.
2. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. Proverbs 31:12 NIV
This passage and the verses that follow looks at how daughters-in-law bring good and not harm to their husbands. Being industrious, hardworking, and competent are some of their qualities. They are well respected, wise, and kind women as stated in the King James Version of Proverbs 31:26, "she openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness".
This scripture captures the duties of your daughters-in-law and would be a great quote for a birthday, anniversary or any other occasion where you may be expected to say some kind words.
3. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. Proverbs 31:20 NIV
Involvement in ministry and service to community are two roles that a daughter-in-law may fulfill in addition to being a wife and mother.
Volunteering time and service to help the poor and the needy are two things you may do with her. This will allow you to: spend time together, bond, teach your grandchildren the importance of being kind to the less fortunate, and support a local cause.
4. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NIV
You may find this Bible verse to be very useful when your daughter-in-law becomes overwhelmed by the many roles she plays. The truth is, responsibilities at home (as a wife and mom) and outside the home (as she works, serves the community, or participates in various ministries at church) may take a toll on her.
In times like these encourage her not to be anxious. Remind her of Psalm 55:22, "cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken".
5. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Proverbs 31:28 NIV
This Bible verse may be used to commend or affirm your daughter-in-law. Don't let her wait until mother's day to hear you say that you admire her qualities as a wife, mother, or daughter.
You may use the wording of Proverbs 31:28 as a: quote on a keyring or coffee mug, plaque for mother's day or wall art gift at Christmas to remind her that her efforts as a mother and wife are admirable.
Final thoughts on Bible verses about daughters
The word of God has a scripture for you when you need: to pray over your daughter, a scripture passage for your daughter's birthday, Bible verses to help you raise your daughter or holy advice on how to deal with a teenage daughter or daughter-in-law.