Did you pray today? As Christians, we need to make Prayer an everyday priority. God has designed us to serve Him and Prayer is our first point of contact each day which can lead and direct us for the day. Here are a few quotes that outlines the importance of Prayer.
1. " Prayer delights God's ears; it melts his heart; and opens his hand. God cannot deny a praying soul."-Thomas Watson
God desires us, through Prayer, to share in bringing his will to pass on earth. Let us take the time from our busy schedules to acknowledge Him, so that he can manifest himself through us.
Here is a scripture that relates well with this quote, Psalm 66:17-20 - "I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and has heard my Prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my Prayer or withheld his love from me!"
When we confess our sins and seek His face, its open his hearts and hands towards us. As a Christian, we need to make Prayer a habit because God rewards those who diligently seek him.
2. "Fervent prayer Produces Phenomenal results." -Woodrow Kroll
In the history of the Bible a story is being told of Elias, a very passionate man who prayed earnestly to God that there will be no rain for three years and six months and it did not rain, then he prayed again and the heaven opened and gave rain.
When we pray, we must endeavor to be passionate, sincere and enthusiastic about it. The Lord said in his words, a broken and contrite heart he will not despise. God already knows what we pray for before we even utter it, but he wants us to acknowledge him so that he can release the blessing on us.
Prayer is very powerful and our attitude towards it will determine how effective the results will be.
3. "God waits for you to communicate with him. You have instant, direct access to God. God loves Mankind so much, and in a very special sense his children, that he has made himself available to you at all times." -Westley L.Duewel
God wants to create a relationship with us, prayer is the most personal way to experience and have encounters and to grow in knowledge of Him.
Westley L.Duewel in his book; "Mighty prevailing Prayer" says," God wants answers to your prayers to be frequent and blessed. He wants you to prove repeatedly the mighty power of Prayer in your own experience.
He wants you to become not only a prayer veteran but also a constant victor in situations where the answers bring great glory to God and great consternation and defeat to Satan."
4. "Time Spent in Prayer is never wasted." - Francois Fenalon
In the morning, is a great way to start spending time with God.
Prayer does not limit us to any specific situations, we can talk to God about any challenges or requests we may have, it doesn't matter how big or small it may seem.
Prayer gives us a sense of relief when we feel burdened or dismay, it also helps to change the outcome of our situation. Expect something in return when we pray.
5. "Spending time with God Through Prayer and his word is a prerequisite for having a great life and fulfilling your purpose." -Joyce Myers
When we spend time with God through Prayer and meditate on his words, it helps us to grow in faith and strengthen our relationship with Him.
It also eliminates all the distractions of this world, and gives us a peace of mind. Spending time with God will give us directives as to how to fulfil our shared purpose.
6. "When the devil sees a man or woman who really believes in prayer, and who really does pray, and above all, when he sees a whole church on its face before God in prayer, he trembles as much as he ever did, for he knows that his day in that church or community is at an end." -R. A Torrey
"One of the greatest needs of the present day is men and women who will not only start out to pray for things, but pray on and on and on until they obtain that which they seek from the Lord."
This quote reminds me of the scripture in Deuteronomy 32:30, “one person will chase a thousand and two put ten thousand to flight”. Wherever two or more persons come together to pray in the name of Jesus, He is there in their midst.
The devil himself knows the power that Prayer holds and will do everything he possibly can to distract us and destroy our future. Let us be vigilant, we have the potential through prayer to destroy every stronghold in our lives.
7. "You don't even have to be the one praying, but if you get around somebody who really knows how to pray. Prayer will lift you up when you've fallen, Prayer will catch you when you've lost your grip, Prayer will stop you from going overboard, Prayer will bring you out. -TD Jakes
It is very important that we not only pray for ourselves but also make intercession on behalf of others. Praying that God will forgive and extend his grace and mercy towards them. In doing so, we may help to change someone's life or situation. Intercessory Prayer pleases God as His will is for none to perish, but all to His Kingdom.
In this scripture Acts 12:5-8 The church intercedes on Peter's behalf, while he was in prison. He was bound by chains and guards all around to ensure he did not escape, but when the Angel of the Lord appeared he told Peter to get up and the chains fell off and he was able to walk past all those guards without them knowing.
Never underestimate the power you have to make an intercessory prayer on someone's behalf, you might just be setting them free.
8. "Prayer is the arena where our faith meets God's abilities." - Steven Furtick
We need to have faith when we pray, believing that God can do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever ask or think. Even when you can't see it, knowing that you serve a powerful God is enough to carry you through.
Matthew 17:20, Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
God specializes in the impossible and we cannot outlive the abundance of blessings he has in store, all he asks of us is to have a little faith.
9. "Keep praying, believing and expecting. Don't get tired of doing what is right. One touch of favor can turn it all around." -Joel Ostee
Prayer increases your confidence and trust in God. Let us not get weary when we pray, but rather let us have an open mind and pray with expectancy. In His word in John 14:13, God is saying, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
Our duty is to ensure that we do the right things at all times, no matter how it may seem, by doing so , you might just unlock doors of opportunity. Keep praying and believing.
10. " Prayer means dependence on the Lord." -Joseph Prince
God wants us to be solely dependent on him. When you think of all the animals, how they do not work yet he provides for them, how much more will he do for us. He said to us, let Him be our provider, our protector, our healer and our everything. He is our only reliable source, and He wants us to put Him first in everything that we do, if we refuse to do this we may fail.
Let us look at this scripture that best explains it, Psalms 127:1 "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." It is God's job to look out for us. When He becomes the center of our lives, we can make bold decisions.
11. " Prayer is not a hard requirement - it is the natural duty of a creature to its creator, the simplest homage that human need can pay to divine liberality." - Charles Spurgeon
We are all created in the image of God, and all that he asks of us, is to acknowledge, worship, and praise him for who he is.
Here is a scripture that concludes everything, Ecclesiastes 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."
12. "Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden." — Corrie Ten Boom
God's constant plea is for us to cast all our burdens and worries on him because he cares for us. Put it in His hand, at his feet, at the cross wherever just leave it and let Him handle it. He is a great problem solver and nothing is impossible with him.
He neither sleeps nor slumbers, this should be enough confidence that he will do whatever he says he will. Let us not walk around with unnecessary burdens as it will only weigh us down.
13. "God shapes the world by Prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil." — E.M. Bounds
We are at war every day against spiritual forces of evil. Although this spiritual warfare can seem daunting at times, we have to ensure that we put on the full Armor of God, always praying for protection and strength. It is such an immense privilege to be a child of God.
14. "Prayer at its highest is a two-way conversation and for me the most important part is listening to God's replies." — Frank C. Laubach
Prayer is a communication network with God, we speak, He listens and then He replies. Children always ask their parents for money or things but their greatest concern is with the reply they will receive, they will never leave or stop talking until they have received their response. Most times we pray but we don't stop to hear His reply...
Life without Prayer is a life without purpose. We have to ensure that we remove everything from our lives, which hinders us from our daily communication with God.
After all, he is our main reason for living, let us encourage ourselves and others to spend some more time getting to know him. Let us pray, pray and never cease to pray.
I hope you enjoyed this roundup of Christian quotes. Please check out my other articles like: