The Bible, and specifically the book of Psalms, is full of wisdom and encouragement. Psalm 91 (New International Version), in particular, is a chapter dedicated to acknowledging God’s protective hand over your life.
Psalms 91 New International Version (NIV)
As you take a closer look at Psalm 91, specifically, the New International Version (NIV), you can start to grasp how protective, caring and loving of a Father, God truly is. Here are some other encouraging scriptures about going through hard times.
1. “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’” Psalm 91:1-2 NIV
As a child of God, you can wake up every single day and exclaim affirmations such as “He is my refuge and my fortress” as a daily reminder of God’s protection over your life. Every Christian, and every person who believes in God, dwells in the shelter of His Almighty Kingdom.
2. “He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”Psalm 91:3-4 NIV
Our Psalm 91:11 wall art shows that under His wings, you will find refuge.
3. “You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,nor the deadly pestilence that stalks in the darkness...A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.If you say, ‘The Lord is my refuge,’ and you make the Most High your dwelling,no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.”Psalm 91:5-10 NIV
Ultimately, God is the most powerful. The Bible gives us many different images of God, depicting His power. He is a great lion, but also under His wings you will find a place of shelter and protection. He shall be a fortress and a refuge for you. He will always protect you.
4. “For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”Psalm 91:11-12 NIV
5. “‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.’” Psalm 91:13-16 NIV
You do not have to work to earn God’s love or His protection. SImply because you love Him and are His beloved child, He shall rescue you, protect you and keep you from harm. If you are ever scared, weary, fearful, doubtful, anxious or uncertain of anything, God is right there with you. Do not give up, just call out to Him, pray and ask for His guidance and protection.
Affirmations to Take from Psalm 91
It is important to remind yourself of these encouragements on a daily basis to fight off any evil the devil tries to throw your way. God can give you the strength, toughness and power to get through any day. Here are some affirmations to repeat every single day. “I am a child of God. I rest in the shadow of the Almighty. He is my refuge and my fortress, my God.”
Final Thoughts on Psalms 91 (NIV Version)
As much as you can find peace in knowing that as a child of God, no deadly pestilence or harm will come against you, it is important to understand that this doesn’t mean you will never experience struggles. Here are some Bible verses about trials and tribulations and how God is a place to find refuge - His faithfulness will never fail you.