It’s no secret that life is full of trials and tribulations days, but how does God want us to handle them? God tests us in many different ways and sometimes it's hard! I will research and explain the best 32 Bible verses and Christian quotes about Trials and Tribulations to give you motivation and inspiration to get over those hurdles and win your battles for our Lord and Savior. I hope the scripture you read here will give you strength in the face of trials as God calls us to do.
1. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. – 1 John 4:4
It’s important for us to understand that we are now the temple of God. 1 Corinthians 6:19 tells us that we are temples of the Holy Spirit. This should give us strength knowing that the One who lives in us is greater than the trials we face in the world. Tap into that strength through your relationship with Him.
2. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:28-30 that we should come to Him and He will give us rest. All our anxieties and worries can be given over to Jesus because He cares for us. Once we realize that, we can begin to live in freedom and a new kind of strength.
3. I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. – Isaiah 22:22
Many of us are looking for direction in our lives. If you are looking for God to direct your paths right now, remember that God will open doors that He wants you to go through and that no one can shut them. Trust Him for direction and you will find it.
4. Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
The Lord is with His people, especially in days of trouble. When we submit ourselves to Him, He will strengthen us and help us no matter what comes our way.
6. Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11
Even through the pain of trials, wake up every day and thank God for what He’s given you. Have faith that He will give you what you need to make it through the day. Just ask Him for it.
7. But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you. – Psalm 39:7
Hope always in the Lord. God is the only place where we can truly find solace and perfect peace. Remember this fact, no matter what you come to face in life. Always hope and trust in Him.
8. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26
Even when we do not know how to pray or we cannot find the words, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us with God. Know that even when you are struggling to pray, God Himself is praying for you and on your behalf.
9. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28
Jesus is calling us into His rest. The question is, will we enter into it? The choice is ours and it is a daily choice that must be made. Hand over your weaknesses to Him and you will be strengthened.
10. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. – James 4:8
It is important for us to remind ourselves that we are only as close to God as we make ourselves. If we choose to draw near to God, He will draw near to us. In the midst of life’s hardship, we must remember to draw near to Him.
11. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. – Nehemiah 8:10b
If you are part of God’s people, let the joy of the Lord be your strength in trying times. It is there for us to tap into if we choose to. Do not let the world define what it means to be strong or weak for you. Find that feeling of strength within the joy of the Lord.
12. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
We often don’t realize that God is always with us. It is far too easy to think that God has left us or abandoned us. Yet scripture tells us to be strong and courageous in the light of Him who is always with us. Have confidence in God’s presence in your life and always watch for where He is working.
13. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. – Ephesians 4:10-11
Don’t forget who it is you’re actually fighting and how to defend against him. We are called daily to put on God’s armor and fight the spiritual war that is constantly waging. Make sure you’re not going into war without your armor of God which can withstand any stronghold.
14. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. – James 1:2-3
Trials are a lot easier to go through when you understand their purpose. They bring about in us perseverance and faith. Next time you go through a trial, keep your eye on the prize. Remember that the goal is more faith and trust in God so that you might stand strong in whatever the world will throw at you.
15. Don't say God has been silent when your bible has been closed.
Most of us want to hear from God but we often neglect the words that He has already spoken to us through the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us that the words in the Bible are the words of God. We cannot say that God isn’t speaking to us when we aren’t listening to His Word.
16. Encourage one another. Build each other up.
17. God is more interested in your character than your comfort.
We sometimes view God as a magic genie that is supposed to give us what we want. We think that because we worship God, He should in turn make our lives as comfortable as they can possibly be. If we’re thinking this, we’ve missed the whole point of the Bible.
God wants to make you more like His Son which requires sacrifice, denial of self, and discipline. You cannot grow inside your comfort zone so rejoice when He takes you out of it. It means growth is on the way.
18. God is not asking you to figure it out. He's asking you to trust that He already has.
Always remember the message of Isaiah 55:8-9, that His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. He knows everything and has wisdom beyond our comprehension.
He doesn’t ask us to get on His level or to know as much as He does. Instead, He asks us to trust Him and to have patience in the plan. This takes a lot of faith and trust in Him and His faithfulness, but it’s worth it, trust me.
19. God is the reason why even in pain, I smile, In confusion, I understand, In betrayal, I trust, And in fear, I continue to fight.
No matter what comes our way in life, we should take heart, for God has already overcome it all. In John 16:33, Jesus tells us this and it should give us great hope and joy in the present, despite our circumstances. Always remember that if you are on God’s side, you cannot fail. You can boast in the fact that He has overcome and you have overcome through Him.
20. God never uses anyone greatly until He tests them deeply.
God disciplines and tests those whom He loves. Oftentimes, this is to prepare us for a greater purpose. We have to remember that we do not see the bigger picture.
Only God can see the giant tapestry that He is weaving through every moment and circumstance. Have faith that God is preparing you for something greater and that whatever you are going through is preparing you for your place in the work of the kingdom.
21. I will never doubt that God has gotten me through every hard moment in my life.
All throughout scripture, God promises His people that He will be with them and the same is still true today. God is with us in every moment, no matter how difficult the moment is. The key to breaking through those moments is to seek the strength for your soul that only He can provide. Remember that He is always with you.
22. I will praise God in the storm.
Worship is not something that only happens during good times. Worship should happen during the worst times of our life as well. When you’re going through the storms of life, remember who has the power to call them. Turn your eyes to the Lord and sing a song of praise to Him for who He is despite your circumstances.
23. Let the Lord fight your battles. He hasn't lost one yet.
God doesn’t lose. His will is done no matter what, regardless of what the world or Satan has to say about it. We have to recognize that some battles aren’t ours to fight. Instead of trying to win them on our terms, we should give them up to God and let Him fight the battles. He hasn’t lost one yet.
24. May I never forget on my best day, that I still need God as desperate as I did on my worst.
Sometimes we can fall into a “do-it-yourself” kind of relationship with God. We think we have things handled and we try to go out on our own without God. We think we can be and do good apart from Him. Yet in John 15, Jesus tells us that we can do nothing apart from Him. He is the vine, we are the branches. We need Him desperately no matter how our lives are going.
25. My God is bigger than any problems I face!
There is no problem bigger than God. God reigns on the throne over all things and over all situations. We can take hope and refuge in the fact that there is never a time when God says, “I didn’t see that coming.”
When things come our way in life that make us say that, we must always remember that God is bigger than our problem or situation. Our problems may be big, but our God is bigger.
26. Obedience to God is an expression of our love for God.
Many people tend to see the Bible as a list of rules that they have to follow. Yet the reality is that God isn’t sitting waiting to strike us down when we don’t obey. He calls us to love Him and worship Him first and out of that love, we will obey. If you are struggling with obedience in times of hardship, check in on your walk with God.
27. Rest is a weapon given to us by God. The enemy hates it because he wants you stressed and occupied.
It’s very easy to become preoccupied with the stresses of life. When there’s so much to do and so much to remember, it can be easy to forget God’s simple command in Psalm 46:10 – “Be still and know that I am God.” God is a God of rest and we should be resting in His presence every single day.
When you get stressed and overwhelmed with life, take a moment to just be still in God’s presence. Don’t let the enemy distract you from that which is truly most important.
28. So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. But only one way. JESUS
Jesus makes it remarkably simple in John 14:6 when He says that He is the way, the truth, and the life; no one can get to the Father except through Him.
When the world is pulling you a million different directions, know that the only way that will fill you and make you whole is the way of Jesus. Make Him your priority amidst the struggles of life and you will find peace.
29. Sometimes God doesn't change your situation because He is trying to change your heart.
30. The only way God can show us He's in control is to put us in situations we can't control.
A huge part of our relationship with God is faith. God calls us to have faith in every circumstance and to produce action out of that faith. Read the story of Abraham, the father of Israel, and how God called him to a land he didn’t know.
Abraham didn’t even know where he was going, he just went out of pure faith. In order for us to learn that we are not in control, we must experience situations that only God can control. Learn to trust in His plan more than your own.
31. When we think "It's too late." God says "I still have a plan."
32. Worrying doesn't change anything, but trusting in God changes everything.
It’s much easier to worry about things than it is to trust God in things. In Matthew 6:34 Jesus tells us to not worry about tomorrow. 1 Peter 5:7 tells us to cast all our anxieties and burdens on Him because He cares for us. We can trust our loving God with everything. Once we realize that, we can become free from our anxieties and worries.
God will open doors.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God.
Lord I can't say it in words. Can you please just listen through my heart.
Never lose hope. Just when you think it's over God sends you a miracle.
Remain at peace, God will fight your battles.
Repeat after me. My breakdowns were breakthroughs to a better me and a greater future. I am an overcomer through Christ.
Stay calm, I will get you through this.
The struggle is real but so is Jesus.
To be alive is to be broken. And to be broken is to stand in need of grace.
- Brennan Stanning
When darkness is screaming that God has abandoned you, listen to the calm yet powerful voice of Jesus saying "I will never leave you."
When you feel like you're drowning in life, don't worry. Your lifeguard walks on water.
Please check out all of our other bible verse lists here